Trademark Class 26 is one of the suitable classes among the distinguished 45 classes of trademarks and service marks provided in the internationally recognized list of trademark classification. Every individual or company who is engaged in the businesses of these types of goods or objects is obligated by the law to register its trademark under this specific trademark class 26. This class includes Lace and embroidery, ribbons, buttons, hooks, needles etc.
Types of goods come under Trademark Class 26:
- False beards
- Various artificial vegetables, fruits, and flowers.
- Slide fasteners
- Hair accessories
- Hair fastening implements
- Hair rollers
- False hair
- Decorated accessories and border for clothes.
- Sewing articles along with decorative textile products.
- Charms used other than jewelry, key rings or key chains.
- Buckles and zippers
- Artificial fruits, flowers, and vegetables.
- Articles used in embroideries, sewing, and fringes.
Types of goods that do not come under Trademark Class 26:
- Certain specific types of hooks.
- Certain specific types of needles.
- Trademark Class 10 – Hair prostheses.
- Trademark Class 23 – Yarns and threads used for textile purposes.
- Trademark Class 3 – False eyelashes.
- Trademark Class 14 – Charms for key rings or key chains.
- Trademark Class 14 – Jewellery charms.
A complete listing of all the goods in Class 26
- appliqués [haberdashery]
- artificial flowers
- artificial fruit
- artificial garlands
- artificial plants
- badges for wear, not of precious metal
- beads, other than for making jewelry / beads, other than for making jewellery
- belt clasps
- binding needles
- birds’ feathers [clothing accessories]
- blouse fasteners / dress body fasteners
- bobbins for retaining embroidery floss or wool [not parts of machines]
- bows for the hair
- boxes for needles
- brassards / arm bands [clothing accessories]
- brooches [clothing accessories]
- buckles [clothing accessories]
- chenille [passementerie]
- collar supports
- competitors’ numbers
- cords for clothing
- cords for rimming, for clothing
- corset busks / whalebones for corsets
- darning needles
- darning lasts
- decorative articles for the hair
- edgings for clothing
- elastic ribbons
- embroidering crochet hooks
- embroidery / fancy goods [embroidery]
- expanding bands for holding sleeves
- eyelets for clothing
- false beards
- false hair
- false hems
- false moustaches
- fastenings for clothing
- fastenings for suspenders / fastenings for braces
- feathers [clothing accessories]
- festoons [embroidery]
- frills [lacework]
- frills for clothing
- gold embroidery
- haberdashery*, except thread
- hair bands
- hair grips / bobby pins
- hair curling pins
- hair barrettes / hair slides
- hair pins
- hair nets
- hair colouring caps / hair coloring caps
- hair curling papers
- hair extensions
- hair curlers, other than hand implements
- hat ornaments, not of precious metal
- heat adhesive patches for repairing textile articles
- heat adhesive patches for decoration of textile articles [haberdashery]
- hook and pile fastening tapes
- hooks [haberdashery]
- hooks for corsets
- human hair
- knitting needles
- lace for edgings
- lace trimmings / passementerie
- letters for marking linen
- mica spangles
- monogram tabs for marking linen / numerals or letters for marking linen
- needle cushions
- needle cases
- needles for wool combing machines
- numerals for marking linen
- ornamental novelty badges [buttons]
- ostrich feathers [clothing accessories]
- picot [lace]
- pin cushions
- pins, other than jewellery [jewelry (Am.)]
- plaited hair / tresses of hair
- prize ribbons
- reins for guiding children
- ribbons [haberdashery]
- rosettes [haberdashery]
- rug hooks
- saddlers’ needles
- sewing needles
- sewing boxes
- sewing thimbles
- shoe fasteners
- shoe hooks
- shoe laces
- shoe ornaments, not of precious metal
- shoe eyelets
- shoe buckles
- shoemakers’ needles
- shoulder pads for clothing
- shuttles for making fishing nets
- silver embroidery
- skirt flounces
- snap fasteners
- spangles for clothing
- tapes for curtain headings
- tassels [haberdashery]
- tinsels [trimmings for clothing] / orsedew [trimmings for clothing]
- top-knots [pompoms]
- trimmings for clothing
- trouser clips for cyclists
- woollen laces
- wreaths of artificial flowers
- zip fasteners / slide fasteners [zippers] / zippers
- zippers for bags / zip fasteners for bags
- Trademark Class 23 -Yarns and Threads
- Trademark Class 24 -Textiles and Textile Goods
- Trademark Class 35 -Advertising and Business Services
- Trademark Class 42 – Science and Technology Services.
You must indicate the correct class at the time you are registering a trademark. If you list the incorrect class, you must start the application process over.
Why to appoint Trademark Agent in UAE?
Speak to one of our experienced trademark attorneys to get started with your application today.
We recommend allowing an experienced attorney to manage the paperwork and deadlines when registering a trademark.
Registering a trademark in the UAE requires extensive knowledge of the Trademark laws in the UAE and knowledge of the Nice classification List to select the right trademark class under which trademark falls to satisfy and protect trademark applicant needs.
Trademark applicants should be engaged in application procedures established by the UAE Ministry of Economy to register the trademark successfully and to deal with all documents related to trademark registration and notifications to competent authorities.
Furthermore, in addition to detailed knowledge of the law, the applicant needs to know Arabic because when filling initial trademark applications, the form must be completed in English and Arabic, also the brand logo and trademark meaning should be approached bilingually. Properly filling application is time and cost-effective condition to be followed by the applicant.
Appointing the trademark agent in UAE has other benefits for not only helping businesses to register their trademarks in the UAE but also advising businesses on how to protect brands from their competitors and counterfeit products in the UAE market.
The role of trademark agents in registering the trademarks is necessary as in the UAE is mandatory for foreign businesses to appoint a trademark agent. perhaps one of the most important items in the protection of his brand that the applicant cannot do alone because he is not sufficiently informed and thus risks missing the complaint process against a third party.
Our trademark consultant will help you search for and classify the goods and/or services you need to apply to register your Trademark.
To appoint trademark agent in UAE visit bact.ae
BACT is the top-class Dubai based Trademark Agent and Business Setup Consultant in UAE with strong business networks in all GCC countries and Europe.
A modern business environment, quick, high-speed, online professional services create perfect business clime to meet every aspect of our service requirements. Our team counts talented professionals across companies’ main business lines namely Trademarking, Copyright, Anti-Counterfeiting, Company Formation, Business Consultation, Agreements, Education and Training advancing our presence locally and internationally in the last 10 years.
✔Trademark International Registration
✔Trademark Agent Change
✔Trademark Ownership Transition
✔Trademark Ownership Modification
✔Trademark Logo Modification
✔Trademark Products Modification
✔Trademark Objection & Grievance
✔Trademark Document Services