Trademarks used in the business of the subsequent substance and goods; are included in Trademark class 33 for the purpose of international registration as well as protection. This class is famous for consisting beverages like spirits, wines or any other alcoholic beverages other than beer.
Types of goods come under Trademark Class 33:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Liquors
- Beverages which are pre-mixed
- All kinds of preparations used for alcoholic beverages
- Sparkling Wines
- All kinds of wines along with fortified wines in general.
Types of goods that do not come under Trademark Class 33:
- Drinks for medicinal purpose as stated under Trademark Class 5
- Beers as stated under Trademark Class 32
- Beverages which are non-alcoholic in nature or de-alcoholised beverages as mentioned under Trademark Class 32
A complete listing of all the goods in Class 33:
- anise [liqueur]
- anisette [liqueur]
- arrack [arak] / arak [arrack]
- baijiu [Chinese distilled alcoholic beverage]
- alcoholic beverages, except beer
- alcoholic beverages containing fruit
- digesters [liqueurs and spirits]
- distilled beverages
- alcoholic essences
- alcoholic extracts
- fruit extracts, alcoholic
- hydromel [mead] / mead [hydromel]
- nira [sugarcane-based alcoholic beverage]
- peppermint liqueurs
- pre-mixed alcoholic beverages, other than beer-based
- rice alcohol
- spirits [beverages]
- Meat, fish, poultry as described under Trademark Class 29.
- Coffee, flour, rice as consisted under Trademark Class 30.
- Grains, agriculture as stated under Trademark Class 31.
- Beers and beverages as per Trademark Class 32.
- Alcoholic beverages as per Trademark Class 33.
- Advertising and business services under Trademark Class 35.
- Science and technology services as explained under Trademark Class 42.
- Food services as explained under Trademark Class 43.
- Pharmaceuticals as stated under Trademark Class 5.
You must indicate the correct class at the time you are registering a trademark. If you list the incorrect class, you must start the application process over.
Why to appoint Trademark Agent in UAE?
Speak to one of our experienced trademark attorneys to get started with your application today.
We recommend allowing an experienced attorney to manage the paperwork and deadlines when registering a trademark.
Registering a trademark in the UAE requires extensive knowledge of the Trademark laws in the UAE and knowledge of the Nice classification List to select the right trademark class under which trademark falls to satisfy and protect trademark applicant needs.
Trademark applicants should be engaged in application procedures established by the UAE Ministry of Economy to register the trademark successfully and to deal with all documents related to trademark registration and notifications to competent authorities.
Furthermore, in addition to detailed knowledge of the law, the applicant needs to know Arabic because when filling initial trademark applications, the form must be completed in English and Arabic, also the brand logo and trademark meaning should be approached bilingually. Properly filling application is time and cost-effective condition to be followed by the applicant.
Appointing the trademark agent in UAE has other benefits for not only helping businesses to register their trademarks in the UAE but also advising businesses on how to protect brands from their competitors and counterfeit products in the UAE market.
The role of trademark agents in registering the trademarks is necessary as in the UAE is mandatory for foreign businesses to appoint a trademark agent. perhaps one of the most important items in the protection of his brand that the applicant cannot do alone because he is not sufficiently informed and thus risks missing the complaint process against a third party.
Our trademark consultant will help you search for and classify the goods and/or services you need to apply to register your Trademark.
BACT is the top-class Dubai based Trademark Agent and Business Setup Consultant in UAE with strong business networks in all GCC countries and Europe.
A modern business environment, quick, high-speed, online professional services create perfect business clime to meet every aspect of our service requirements. Our team counts talented professionals across companies’ main business lines namely Trademarking, Copyright, Anti-Counterfeiting, Company Formation, Business Consultation, Agreements, Education and Training advancing our presence locally and internationally in the last 10 years.
✔Trademark International Registration
✔Trademark Agent Change
✔Trademark Ownership Transition
✔Trademark Ownership Modification
✔Trademark Logo Modification
✔Trademark Products Modification
✔Trademark Objection & Grievance
✔Trademark Document Services
To appoint trademark agent in UAE visit Trademark registration