As per the Nice classification, Trademark Class 31 consists of goods related to Raw as well as unprocessed agricultural, aqua cultural, horticultural & forestry products; raw as well as unrefined grains and seeds, fresh fruits & vegetables, fresh herbs, natural plants and flowers, bulbs, seedlings as well as seeds for plants, live animals, foodstuffs and beverages for animals and malt.
Types of goods come under Trademark Class 31:
- All kinds of Grains and Raw Cereals
- Agricultural and Horticultural Products along with Forestry
- Fresh and organic vegetables along with natural fruits
- Various plants, trees and flowers which are natural
- Varieties of Fungi and Mushrooms
- All kinds of Seedlings and Seeds
- All living animals as well as organisms which are used for the purpose of breeding
- Fodder and Foodstuffs for Animal Consumption’s
- Unprocessed Cereals and Malts
- Raw Wood is also included in the ambit of this class of Trademark
- Fertilized Eggs
- Residual of Plants
Types of goods that do not come under Trademark Class 31:
- Rice as mentioned under Trademark Class 30.
- Dietary supplements which are used for animals as stated under Trademark Class 5.
- Tobacco as stated under Trademark Class 34.
- Fishing bait which are artificial in nature as per the Trademark Class 28.
- Semi-worked woods as included in Trademark Class 19.
- Cultures of all different kinds of micro-organisms along with the leeches which are used for medical purposes under Trademark Class 5.
A complete listing of all the goods in Class 31:
- algae for human or animal consumption / seaweed for human or animal consumption
- algarovilla for animal consumption
- almonds [fruits]
- aloe vera plants
- animal foodstuffs
- animal fattening preparations / livestock fattening preparations
- products for animal litter
- live animals
- aromatic sand for pets [litter]
- artichokes, fresh
- bagasses of cane [raw material]
- raw barks
- beans, fresh
- beet, fresh
- berries, fresh fruits
- beverages for pets
- bird food
- bran mash for animal consumption
- bred stock
- cereal seeds, unprocessed
- chestnuts, fresh
- edible chews for animals
- chicory roots
- chicory, fresh
- Christmas trees*
- citrus fruit, fresh
- cocoa beans, raw
- coconut shell
- crayfish, live
- crustaceans, live
- cucumbers, fresh
- cuttle bone for birds
- distillery waste for animal consumption
- dog biscuits
- preparations for egg laying poultry
- eggs for hatching, fertilised
- fish spawn
- fish, live
- fish meal for animal consumption
- fishing bait, live
- flax meal [fodder]
- flower bulbs / bulbs
- flowers, natural
- flowers, dried, for decoration
- fodder / cattle food / forage
- fruit, fresh
- fruit residue [marc] / marc
- garden herbs, fresh
- garlic, fresh
- grains [cereals]
- grains for animal consumption
- grapes, fresh
- groats for poultry
- herrings, live
- hop cones
- juniper berries
- kola nuts / cola nuts
- leeks, fresh
- lemons, fresh
- lentils, fresh
- lettuce, fresh
- lime for animal forage
- linseed for animal consumption / flaxseed for animal consumption
- linseed meal for animal consumption / flaxseed meal for animal consumption
- litter peat
- lobsters, live
- locust beans, raw
- maize cake for cattle
- malt for brewing and distilling
- mash for fattening livestock
- meal for animals
- menagerie animals
- mushroom spawn for propagation
- mushrooms, fresh
- mussels, live
- nuts [fruits]
- oil cake / cattle cake
- olives, fresh
- onions, fresh vegetables
- oranges, fresh
- oysters, live
- palm trees
- palms [leaves of the palm tree]
- peanut meal for animals
- peanut cake for animals
- peanuts, fresh
- peas, fresh
- peppers [plants]
- pet food
- pine cones
- plants, dried, for decoration
- pollen [raw material]
- potatoes, fresh
- poultry, live
- by-products of the processing of cereals, for animal consumption / residual products of cereals for animal consumption
- rape cake for cattle
- residue in a still after distillation
- rhubarb, fresh
- rice meal for forage
- rice, unprocessed
- roots for food
- rose bushes
- rough cork
- salmon, live
- salt for cattle
- sanded paper for pets [litter]
- sardines, live
- sea-cucumbers, live
- seed germ for botanical purposes
- seeds for planting / plant seeds
- edible sesame, unprocessed
- shellfish, live
- shrubs / bushes
- silkworm eggs
- spinach, fresh
- spiny lobsters, live
- squashes, fresh / marrows, fresh
- stall food for animals
- straw mulch
- straw litter
- straw [forage]
- strengthening animal forage
- truffles, fresh
- trunks of trees
- tuna, live
- turf, natural / sod
- undressed timber
- unsawn timber
- vegetables, fresh
- vine plants
- wheat germ for animal consumption
- wood chips for the manufacture of wood pulp
- wreaths of natural flowers
- yeast for animal consumption
Pharmaceuticals under Trademark Class 5.
Medical and Vet Services provided under Trademark Class 44.
Food Services stated under Trademark Class 43,
Science and Technology Services as stated under Trademark Class 42.
Advertising and Business Services as explained in Trademark Class 35,
Beers and Beverages as per the Trademark Class 32,
Coffee, Flour, Rice as mentioned in Trademark Class 30, and
Meat, Fish, Poultry as stated under Trademark Class 29.
You must indicate the correct class at the time you are registering a trademark. If you list the incorrect class, you must start the application process over.
Why to appoint Trademark Agent in UAE?
- Speak to one of our experienced trademark attorneys to get started with your application today.
- We recommend allowing an experienced attorney to manage the paperwork and deadlines when registering a trademark.
- Registering a trademark in the UAE requires extensive knowledge of the Trademark laws in the UAE and knowledge of the Nice classification List to select the right trademark class under which trademark falls to satisfy and protect trademark applicant needs.
Trademark applicants should be engaged in application procedures established by the UAE Ministry of Economy to register the trademark successfully and to deal with all documents related to trademark registration and notifications to competent authorities.
Furthermore, in addition to detailed knowledge of the law, the applicant needs to know Arabic because when filling initial trademark applications, the form must be completed in English and Arabic, also the brand logo and trademark meaning should be approached bilingually. Properly filling application is time and cost-effective condition to be followed by the applicant.
Appointing the trademark agent in UAE has other benefits for not only helping businesses to register their trademarks in the UAE but also advising businesses on how to protect brands from their competitors and counterfeit products in the UAE market.
The role of trademark agents in registering the trademarks is necessary as in the UAE is mandatory for foreign businesses to appoint a trademark agent. perhaps one of the most important items in the protection of his brand that the applicant cannot do alone because he is not sufficiently informed and thus risks missing the complaint process against a third party.
Our trademark consultant will help you search for and classify the goods and/or services you need to apply to register your Trademark.
BACT is the top-class Dubai based Trademark Agent and Business Setup Consultant in UAE with strong business networks in all GCC countries and Europe.
To appoint trademark agent in UAE visit bact.ae
A modern business environment, quick, high-speed, online professional services create perfect business clime to meet every aspect of our service requirements. Our team counts talented professionals across companies’ main business lines namely Trademarking, Copyright, Anti-Counterfeiting, Company Formation, Business Consultation, Agreements, Education and Training advancing our presence locally and internationally in the last 10 years.
✔Trademark International Registration
✔Trademark Agent Change
✔Trademark Ownership Transition
✔Trademark Ownership Modification
✔Trademark Logo Modification
✔Trademark Products Modification
✔Trademark Objection & Grievance
✔Trademark Document Services
To appoint BACT as trademark agent in UAE visit bact.ae