According to the NICE Classification, Trademark Class 2 includes paints, dyes, colorants, varnishes, thinners, lacquers, resins, anti-preparations, primers, pigments.
Trademark Class 2 comes under Classes of Goods section.
Class 2 is one of 45 trademark classes listed for both goods and services. When applying for a Trademark, part of the application process will be determining which class your patent fits into. Properly registering your trademark will:
- Provide you with legal protections.
- Establish your brand.
- Set you apart from the competition.
Types of goods come under Trademark Class 2
- *Trademark Class 2 includes goods such as
- *Colorants, and preparations used for the protection against corrosion.
- *This Class includes in particular paints, varnishes, and lacquers for industry, handicrafts and *arts, dyestuffs for clothing, colorants for foodstuffs and beverages.
Types of goods that do not come under Trademark Class 2
- *Unprocessed artificial resins
- *Laundry bluing
- *Cosmetic dyes
- *Paint boxes
- *Insulating paints and varnishes
A comprehensive listing of all the goods in Class 2
- Dyes, colorants, pigments, and inks
- Food and beverage colorings
- Thinners and thickeners for coatings, dyes and inks
- Metal in foil and powder form
- Paints and washes
- Lacquers and varnishes
- Raw natural resins
A complete listing of all the goods in Class 2
- alizarine dyes
- aluminum powder for painting
- aluminum paints
- aniline dyes
- annatto [dyestuff] / annatto [dyestuff]
- anti-corrosive bands
- anti-corrosive preparations
- anti-fouling paints
- anti-rust oils
- anti-rust greases
- anti-rust preparations for preservation
- anti-tarnishing preparations for metals
- asbestos paints
- bactericidal paints
- binding preparations for paints / agglutinants for paints
- bitumen varnish
- black japan
- bronze powder for painting
- bronzing lacquers
- Canada balsam
- caramel [food colorant]
- carbon black [pigment]
- carbonyl [wood preservative]
- ceramic paints
- coatings [paints]
- coatings for roofing felt [paints] / coatings for tarred felt [paints]
- cobalt oxide [colorant]
- cochineal carmine
- colorants* / dyestuffs
- colorants for liqueurs
- colorants for beer
- colorants for butter
- colorants for beverages
- copal varnish
- creosote for wood preservation
- dyewood extracts / wood dyestuffs
- dyewood / coloring [coloring] wood / dye-wood
- enamels [varnishes]
- enamels for painting / enamel paints
- engraving ink
- fireproof paints
- fixatives for watercolors [watercolors] / fixatives for watercolors / fixatives for watercolors
- fixatives [varnishes]
- metal foil for painters, decorators, printers and artists
- food dyes / food colorants
- gamboge for painting
- glazes [paints, lacquers]
- gum resins
- gum-lac / shellac
- indigo [colorant]
- ink for skin-dressing
- ink for leather
- lamp black [pigment]
- lime wash
- malt caramel [food colorant]
- malt colorants
- marking ink for animals
- mastic [natural resin]
- metals in powder form for painters, decorators, printers and artists
- natural resins, raw
- oils for the preservation of wood / preservative oils for wood
- orange lead / litharge
- repositionable paint patches
- paper for dyeing Easter eggs
- printers’ pastes [ink] / printing compositions [ink]
- printing ink
- protective preparations for metals
- red lead / minium
- saffron [colorant]
- shoe dyes
- siccative’s [drying agents] for paints
- sienna earth
- silver emulsions [pigments]
- silver paste
- silvering powders
- soot [colorant]
- stains for leather / mordants for leather
- sumac for varnishes
- thickeners for paints
- thinners for lacquers
- thinners for paints
- titanium dioxide [pigment]
- toner cartridges, filled, for printers and photocopiers
- toners [ink] for photocopiers / ink [toner] for photocopiers
- turmeric [colorant]
- turpentine [thinner for paints]
- undercoating for vehicle chassis / undersealing for vehicle chassis
- white lead
- wood stains
- wood mordants
- wood preservatives
- wood coatings [paints]
- yellowwood [colorant]
- zinc oxide [pigment]
When registering for a trademark you may find that the product or service that you offer falls under one or more of the international trademark classes. There are classes that are closely related to class 2 items, and there may be some crossover when identifying the appropriate class. Some of the classes commonly linked to class 2 items include:
-Class 3 – cosmetic and cleaning preparation.
-Class 1 – chemicals.
-Class 16 – paper goods and printed matter.
-Class 17 – rubber goods
There are also instances where you may be required to register trademark under multiple classes. For example, if your class 2 products are being used for building construction or repairs, you could also need to register it under class 37, construction, and repair services, as well. Or if you are using your class 2 products for dyeing or the treatment of clothing, you will also have to register under class 40, which covers the printing and treatment of materials.
It is also important to note that even if your trademark fits in the class 2 category, there still might be a class that fits them better. If you find yourself stuck between two classes that could equally fit your product you should consult an attorney to determine which WIPO standards will best apply.
Why to appoint Trademark Agent in UAE?
Speak to one of our experienced trademark attorneys to get started with your application today.
We recommend allowing an experienced attorney to manage the paperwork and deadlines when registering a trademark.
Registering a trademark in the UAE requires extensive knowledge of the Trademark laws in the UAE and knowledge of the Nice classification List to select the right trademark class under which trademark falls to satisfy and protect trademark applicant needs.
Trademark applicants should be engaged in application procedures established by the UAE Ministry of Economy to register the trademark successfully and to deal with all documents related to trademark registration and notifications to competent authorities.
Furthermore, in addition to detailed knowledge of the law, the applicant needs to know Arabic because when filling initial trademark applications, the form must be completed in English and Arabic, also the brand logo and trademark meaning should be approached bilingually. Properly filling application is time and cost-effective condition to be followed by the applicant.
Appointing the trademark agent in UAE has other benefits for not only helping businesses to register their trademarks in the UAE but also advising businesses on how to protect brands from their competitors and counterfeit products in the UAE market.
The role of trademark agents in registering the trademarks is necessary as in the UAE is mandatory for foreign businesses to appoint a trademark agent. perhaps one of the most important items in the protection of his brand that the applicant cannot do alone because he is not sufficiently informed and thus risks missing the complaint process against a third party.
Our trademark consultant will help you search for and classify the goods and/or services you need to apply to register your Trademark.
BACT is the top-class Dubai based Trademark Agent and Business Setup Consultant in UAE with strong business networks in all GCC countries and Europe.
A modern business environment, quick, high-speed, online professional services create perfect business clime to meet every aspect of our service requirements. Our team counts talented professionals across companies’ main business lines namely Trademarking, Copyright, Anti-Counterfeiting, Company Formation, Business Consultation, Agreements, Education and Training advancing our presence locally and internationally in the last 10 years.
Our Trademark Services
✓ Trademark Search
✓ Trademark Monitoring
✓ Trademark Registration
✓ Trademark International Registration
✓ Trademark Renewal
✓ Trademark Cancellation
✓ Trademark Mortgage
✓ Trademark Modification
✓ Trademark Agent Change
✓ Trademark Ownership Transition
✓ Trademark Ownership Modification
✓ Trademark Logo Modification
✓ Trademark Products Modification
✓ Trademark Objection & Grievance
✓ Trademark Document Services
To request trademark services in UAE visit http://126.96.36.199/our-services/trademark/trademark-registration/