Trademark Products Modification in UAE
This service allows the customer to submit a request for adding products or services allocated to the trademark; as listed under the same category for which the trademark is registered.
Trademark Products Modification as per Federal Decree-Law no. (36) of 2021
- The owner of a previously registered Trademark may, at any time, apply to the Ministry for introducing any addition or modification to the form of the Trademark, goods, or services provided that this does not significantly affect the substance of the Trademark. The Ministry’s decision in this regard shall be issued according to the procedures prescribed in the Implementing Regulation of this Decree-Law.
- The Ministry’s decision rejecting the addition or modification shall be governed by the provisions related to grievance and appeal stipulated in Article (13) of this Decree-Law.
- The Ministry may, on its own or at the request of the concerned party, add any statement that has been omitted to the register, or delete or amend any statement contained in the Register if it has been unlawfully entered or is inconsistent with the truth.
- The Ministry’s decision to amend a statement or delete it from the Register shall be governed by the provisions related to grievance and appeal stipulated in Article (13) of this Decree-Law.
Expected Duration of Service Delivery
The expected duration of service delivery is 60 days.
- Filling application
- Application study
- Issuing certificate
Official fees for trademark product modification required to pay to the UAE Trademark Office costs amount AED350.
Following documents are required to file the application of trademark product modification:
- Registrar requestor details: Registrar requester name, phone, email, nationality, legal nature.
- Trademark details: Trademark name, Trademark name translation English/Arabic, Trademark type, Trademark class, mark description, class number, product explanation.
- Document attachments: Trademark logo, Modified product list, Trademark registration certificate copy, License copy if company/business , Passport Copy, complete home address, Power of Attorney (notarized by the Notary Public & legalized by the UAE), Priority documents if any.
Are you looking to modify your trademark ownership in the UAE? Our expert consultant can advise on the cost in UAE and assist you throughout the modification process. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +97144470880 Alternatively, you can schedule a complimentary consultation with us at email@example.com.